Beliefs & Ethics
Statement of Shared Beliefs & Ethics
OUR BELIEFS ETHICS & STANDARDS
Impact Health Sharing is a not-for-profit corporation that exists to create, exercise, and express practical applications of Christian faith, beliefs, and ethics. We believe in bringing together individuals and families in shared acts of common good.
We believe that the expression of these things, and the right to associate in the exercise of their expression, is a fundamental right guaranteed under the United States Constitution.
We welcome all people who are willing to honor and abide by our Statement of Shared Beliefs & Ethics, by which we operate. We are a community that shares a common belief that by coming together, sharing together and acting together, we provide greater opportunities for health and freedom to our neighbors and, in turn, we gain the same opportunities for ourselves and our families.
As a community, we believe that it is both true and self-evident that all persons are created equal and in the likeness of God. We believe that all persons have been endowed, by God, with unalienable rights such as life, liberty, and the pursuit of happiness.
As families and individuals, we believe we share the responsibility of ensuring that the pursuit of life, liberty, and happiness is available to all.
As a community, we share a belief that contributing to one another’s medical bills express our commitment to help each other pursue a life of liberty and happiness. At the core of what we do, and how we relate to and engage with one another as a community of people, is a set of common beliefs.
Our Statement of Shared Beliefs & Ethics is as follows:
1. We believe that our rights and liberties originate from God and are bestowed by God.
2. We believe that everyone is created equal and in the likeness of God.
3. We believe that all persons have the right to life, liberty, and the pursuit of happiness.
4. We believe in the principle of “love thy neighbor as thy self.” regardless of race, religion or creed.
5. We believe we have a moral and ethical obligation to assist others in need.
6. We believe that sharing and contributing to each other’s medical bills is an expression of our commitment to our obligations to one another.
7. We believe that it is our ethical duty to one another to maintain a healthy lifestyle and avoid foods, behaviors, habits, or any choices and activities that produce sickness or disease to ourselves or others.
8. We believe that we have an ethical duty to each other to make legal, mature, and responsible decisions that do not create a risk of injury to ourselves or others.
9. We believe it is our fundamental right of conscience to direct our own healthcare in consultation with our physicians, family, or other valued advisors.
10. We believe we have a fundamental right guaranteed under the United States Constitution to associate in the lawful exercise of our common belief to voluntarily share health care expenses with one another.