Going to the Doctor
Steps to Care
Impact Health Sharing is not a new concept, but it is a new blend of a lot of the things that work RIGHT in healthcare. And, getting the care you need is easy if you follow a few simple steps.
Getting the care you need.
If you have used health insurance in the past, using Impact Health Sharing won't feel a whole lot different.
Present your Impact member card and ask the provider to bill Impact using the information on the back of your member card. All of the information that their billing specialist will need is on the card. Our phone number is also included on the card if they have any questions. If they ask what network Impact participates with, you can let them know that you are free to see any provider you choose.
Impact Health Sharing’s electronic bill processing, digital sharing, and distributed medical reserves enables payment to providers, typically 30-40 days after receipt of the members’ bills. This approach sets Impact Health Sharing apart from the healthcare sharing process that many providers may have experienced with other healthcare sharing organizations. It is our aim to provide an experience that works better, feels better than insurance for our members.
- We find that it is most efficient for medical providers to submit bills for their services electronically through EDI and to the Payor ID on the back of the member’s card.
- This allows Impact Health Sharing to process and adjudicate medical bills for eligibility per the Program Guidelines quickly. Most bills are processed in less than 30 days.
- Once processed, Impact Health Sharing members share funds from their Share Accounts to pay each other’s medical bills; on average in 3-4 days.
- At this point, Impact Health Sharing remits payment electronically to providers, less any Member Responsibility Amounts (i.e., Deductibles, Co-Pays, or Co-Shares) and furnishes the provider with an EOP (Explanation of Payment) detailing the amount(s) paid.
If your provider is asking for more information, here are some instructions you can provide. Or, just ask them to give us a call.
Members or Providers are required to pre-notify Impact for any of the following treatments to be eligible for sharing:
- Cancer Treatment
- Elective Cardiac Procedures
- Inpatient/outpatient surgery
- Non-emergency hospital/facility admission
- Organ/Tissue Transplant Services
Pre-notification enables Impact to inform the member about provider options and potential incentives available. If a member or their provider does not pre-notify Impact the member is subject to an additional co-pay of $1,000 for the illness or event.
How To Submit Medical Bills
In some instances, you may pay for your service up-front. In this case, you will request reimbursement from Impact.
You can do so electronically. Just use the link below to access the Member forms.