How do prescriptions work?
Impact members don't just get access to an app that provides coupons or rebates to take to your local pharmacy to “save” on prescriptions, they receive access to a premier network of pharmacies.
And this access gives members the real prices (aka skip the “markups and fees” part) on prescriptions.
Our model encourages pharmacies to compete for your business.
It feels good to get honest prescription prices.
Are we saving money? YES!
Check out a few examples of savings on a 30-day supply of common medications.
Prescriptions & Impact
Prescription medication expenses for prescribed drugs that may be dispensed, injected, or administered may be credited toward the PRA if they are not considered a treatment for chronic conditions that were preexisting when the member joined Impact.
Prescription medications must be purchased using the member ID card (see RX information on the card). Members pay 100% of the prescription amount at the pharmacy.
The sharable amount is limited to $1200 per member per membership year after the PRA has been met.
Exceptions may be made in the case of medications for cancer and transplant recipients.
Note: Adult members 65 and older must have Medicare Part D for prescription costs to be Eligible for Sharing. (Including prescriptions for pre-existing conditions.) All sharing will be secondary to Medicare.
After the member’s PRA has been met, the prescription amount may be shared as follows:
- After the first $25 on generic drug prescription.
- After the first $50 on brand name prescription when a generic is unavailable.
- Prescription medications must be purchased using the member ID card (see Rx information on the card)
- Members pay 100% of the prescription amount at the pharmacy
- Prescription drugs that may be dispensed, injected or administered
- Psychotropic medication and birth control expenses are not eligible for sharing