Impact Health Sharing is not a new concept, but it is a new blend of a lot of the things that work RIGHT in healthcare.
- Members pay a set Monthly Share Amount based on age, household size, and the Primary Responsibility Amount that they have selected.
- These Monthly Share Amounts are collected and used to pay the medical bills of members, as well as to build and maintain medical reserves that are held in each member’s Share Account.
- We find that it is most efficient for medical providers to submit bills for their services electronically through EDI and to the Payor ID on the back of the member’s card.
- This allows Impact Health Sharing to process and adjudicate medical bills for eligibility per the Program Guidelines quickly. Most bills are processed in less than 30 days.
- Once processed, Impact Health Sharing members share funds from their Share Accounts to pay each other’s medical bills; on average in 3-4 days.
- At this point, Impact Health Sharing remits payment electronically to providers, less any Member Responsibility Amounts (i.e., Deductibles, Co-Pays or Co-Shares) and furnishes the provider with an EOP (Explanation of Payment) detailing the amount(s) paid.
It is our hope to help guide them through their healthcare needs. Please let us know how we can continue to further this aim. Thank you again for taking the time to care for our member.
How To Submit Medical Bills
Providers can file EDI: Payer ID IH400
Mail Paper HCFAs or UBs:
Impact Health Sharing
PO Box 3139
Farmington Hills, MI 48333
Members or Providers are required to pre-notify Impact for any of the following treatments to be eligible for sharing:
- Cancer Treatment
- Elective Cardiac Procedures
- Inpatient/outpatient surgery
- Non-emergency hospital/facility admission
- Organ/Tissue Transplant Services
Providers pre-notify by calling (855) 378-6777. In the event of emergency/urgent care, the Member or provider needs to provide notification within 72 hours of when care was given. Pre-notification of medical bills does not guarantee eligibility or sharing.
Pre-notification enables Impact to inform the member about provider options and potential incentives available. If a member or their provider does not pre-notify Impact the member is subject to an additional co-pay of $1,000 for the illness or event.