Impact Health Sharing is not a new concept, but it is a new blend of a lot of the things that work RIGHT in healthcare.
Impact Health Sharing’s electronic bill processing, digital sharing, and distributed medical reserves enables payment to providers, typically 30-40 days after receipt of the members’ bills. Once processed, Impact Health Sharing members share funds from their Share Accounts to pay each other’s medical bills; on average in 3-4 days.
This approach sets Impact Health Sharing apart from the healthcare sharing process that many providers may have experienced with other healthcare sharing organizations. It is our aim to provide an experience that works better, and feels better than insurance for our members.
- Members pay a set Monthly Share Amount based on age, household size, and the Primary Responsibility Amount that they have selected.
- These Monthly Share Amounts are collected and used to pay the medical bills of members, as well as to build and maintain medical reserves that are held in each member’s Share Account.
- We find that it is most efficient for medical providers to submit bills for their services electronically through EDI and to the Payor ID on the back of the member’s card.
- This allows Impact Health Sharing to process and adjudicate medical bills for eligibility per the Program Guidelines quickly. Most bills are processed in less than 30 days.
- At this point, Impact Health Sharing remits payment electronically to providers, less any Member Responsibility Amounts (i.e., Deductibles, Co-Pays, or Co-Shares) and furnishes the provider with an EOP (Explanation of Payment) detailing the amount(s) paid.
Members or Providers are required to pre-notify Impact for any of the following treatments to be eligible for sharing:
- Cancer Treatment
- Elective Cardiac Procedures
- Inpatient/outpatient surgery
- Non-emergency hospital/facility admission
- Organ/Tissue Transplant Services
Providers pre-notify by calling (855) 378-6777 or filling out the form below. In the event of emergency/urgent care, the Member or provider needs to provide notification within 72 hours of when care was given. Pre-notification of medical bills does not guarantee eligibility or sharing.
Pre-notification enables Impact to inform the member about provider options and potential incentives available. If a member or their provider does not pre-notify Impact the member is subject to an additional co-pay of $1,000 for the illness or event.
HOW DO I BECOME A PREFERRED PROVIDER?
By joining us as a preferred provider, your practice will be prominently featured on our member portal, increasing your visibility and accessibility to our diverse patient base.
Moreover, we prioritize prompt and efficient payments for our preferred providers, ensuring that you receive your compensation first and fast.
You will also have the opportunity to negotiate an agreement for contracted rates.
We understand the importance of building strong partnerships in the healthcare industry, and we believe that working together will benefit both our members and your practice. If you are interested in exploring this opportunity further, just complete this request form. One of our team will reach out to you soon.