Healthcare Sharing has been around for over 27 years, and yet it hasn’t always stayed the same. It’s grown, evolved, and improved! When looking for healthcare options, there are a number of things that may be important to you. Although each family has different needs, depending on their own unique situation, there are a number of questions we tend to hear most often.
Removing confusion and finding answers could bring you one step closer to making the decision to give healthcare sharing a try.
Question: Is Impact Health Sharing insurance?
No, Impact Health Sharing is not insurance. Impact Health Sharing is an alternative to health insurance where like-minded individuals share in each other’s medical bills. Bills are shared directly between members through individual bank accounts, by a concept called distributed reserves. One member states that it feels better than traditional insurance because you know where your money is going.
Question: Is Impact Health Sharing a medishare?
Impact Health Sharing is a not-for-profit healthcare sharing program, sometimes referred to as medical sharing or medi-share. Impact is a community of individuals committed to living a healthier lifestyle, thus reducing the number of medical bills. Bills are shared directly between members through individual bank accounts, by a concept called distributed reserves.
Question: Is Impact Health Sharing only for Christians?
No, our membership is made up of like-minded individuals, families, and small businesses who agree with the Statement of Shared Beliefs & Ethics. There are no restrictions based on race, color, religion, or creed. Additionally, members agree to live by lifestyle standards that include no use of tobacco or illegal drugs, and no abuse of legal or prescription drugs.
Question: Does Impact Health Sharing have an enrollment period?
No, there is no limitation on when you can apply. You will be able to choose which month you want your membership to begin. For instance, apply by the last day of the month and begin on the 1st!
NOTE: Applicants who are pregnant at the time their application is completed and submitted, are not eligible for membership. However, we invite them to apply after giving birth.
Question: Is your membership expensive?
Most of our members have reported great savings by switching to healthcare sharing. The monthly cost is based on the age of the oldest person applying in your household, the number of people applying, and the Primary Responsibility Amount that you choose.
Visit https://www.impacthealthsharing.com/pricing to see your options.
We have seen some dramatic savings over ACA Plans (Obamacare) and greater value than other healthcare sharing programs. Prices start at $65/mo. for singles and $330/mo. for families.
Question: What if I need a prescription?
Prescription medication expenses for prescribed drugs that may be dispensed, injected, or administered may be credited toward the PRA if they are not considered a treatment for chronic conditions that were preexisting when the Member joined Impact.
After the Member’s PRA has been met, the prescription amount may be Shared as follows:
- After the first $25 on generic drug prescriptions.
- After the first $50 on brand name prescriptions when a generic is unavailable.
- Prescription medications must be purchased using the member ID card (see Rx information on the card).
- Members pay 100% of the (discounted) prescription amount at the pharmacy.
- Prescription drugs* that may be dispensed, injected, or administered.
- *Psychotropic medications and birth control expenses are not Eligible for Sharing.
The sharable amount is limited to $1200 per member, per membership year after the PRA has been met. For more information on how it works, always check the Guidelines.
Question: What if my doctor is not in a particular network?
Impact does not use a Provider Network. Therefore, you can continue to use the doctors and hospitals of your choice, including specialists. Watch this video for information on using Impact at any provider.
Question: If I have Medicare can I still apply for membership with Impact?
Many Impact members are 65 or over and have Medicare as well. Here are a few things to know:
- If you are 65 or older, you are required to have Medicare Parts A & B to join Impact.
- Impact is always secondary to Medicare Parts A & B. One great thing about this is that there are no preexisting condition restrictions or provider fees for Impact members with Medicare.
- You are welcome to use your member card to access the pass-through direct pricing on prescriptions. One thing to note, for prescription costs to be eligible for sharing, members must have Medicare Part D as well.
- All sharing will be secondary to Medicare. There is only one PRA level available to these senior adults (see pricing calculator at ). This program is available only on an individual membership basis.
- The PRA for senior adults is $1,000 with no provider fees, no co-share, and no preexisting limitations.
Question: How can I apply?
If you are ready to join, please fill out the following form to create an account.
Question: If I still have questions or want to talk with someone, what should I do?
We will never spam you with a bunch of sales calls. You can chat with a team member online or give us a call: 855-378-6777 Monday – Friday; 9 AM to 5 PM ET.