Yes. Learn how.
All medical bills (including prescriptions) should first be submitted to Medicare. Medicare will send you a Medicare Summary Notice (MSN) or Explanation of Benefits (EOB).
The EOB is a notice that you are sent in the mail every 3 months.
If you sign up for an electronic notice, you will get it monthly. You will want to do that and get them monthly to submit to Impact for more timely processing.
The MSN will show::
- All your Part A and Part B-covered services or supplies billed to Medicare during the period
- What Medicare paid
- The maximum amount you may owe the provider
What should you do?
- Create an online Medicare Account at medicare.gov
- Once your account is created, you can download your MSN/EOB’s as often as you’d like.
- To prevent delays, you should print your MSN/EOB’s monthly and upload them to Impact using the medical expense tool. If you wait for Medicare to send them to Impact you could be waiting a very long time. Impact cannot process your bills until AFTER Medicare has processed them and you have submitted them to Impact.
Completing a medical expense form requires detailed information. Please provide as much as you can to ensure timely processing. Missing information may delay processing.
One of the most important things to include is the billing codes, or you can just ask your provider for the CMS1500/HCFA form or UB04 form to submit with your MSN or EOB.
Medicare should pay their portion of the bill and once you pay your $1000 PRA, Impact will share the remaining 20% of all eligible medical bills.
Remember that first, you must pay your Primary Responsibility Amount (PRA) of $1000 before Impact members will share the portion of your Eligible Medical Bills that Medicare allows but does not pay completely.
For instructions on how to upload the forms and to access the forms please visit our forms page here: https://www.impacthealthsharing.com/forms
For prescriptions to be eligible for sharing, members must have Medicare Part D.
Members must submit their Medicare Part D EOB to Impact through the Forms Section of your Member Center. Medicare will mail your Part D EOB monthly.
You can also upload your EOB from your Medicare Part D plan and submit here.
For More Information: