Yes, you can use any doctor. Impact does not use a Provider Network.
Instead, it contracts with a third-party company that uses referenced-based pricing to control costs by discounting bills to what is a fair and reasonable payment for services rendered.
Keep in mind that to be Eligible for Sharing, testing and treatment must be CMS or FDA-approved and submitted on a CMS 1500 or a UB and IB form and ordered by any of the following physicians:
- Medical Doctor (M.D.)
- Doctor of Osteopathy (D.O.)
- Nurse Practitioner (N.P. or A.P.R.N.)
- Physician’s Assistant (P.A.)
- Doctor of Podiatric Medicine (D.P.M.)
- Dentist (D.D.S. or D.M.D.)
- Doctor of Chiropractic (D.C.)
These CMS or FDA-approved tests and treatments must occur at one of the following locations:
- Surgery center
- Doctor’s office
- Diagnostic facility
Diagnosis and treatment are to be performed in the U.S. to be Eligible for Sharing, except in emergencies.